Weekly Wine Video

Video Review : Lighthall 2019 Chardonnay

16 Jun 2023

Michael Pinkus Wine Review presents,


An Ontario Wine Video Review
with the Grape Guy, Michael Pinkus, check it out

Today's wine:

Lighthall Vineyards
2019 Chardonnay

To get the latest videos
Subscribe to the Michael Pinkus YouTube Channel



Lighthall pulled way back on oak usage for the 2019. 60% of the wine sees steel, while the other 40% sees the inside of 500L barrels; that helps elevate the crisp, clean and freshness factor in this wine. There's still a vanilla – butteriness, but it's backed by peach, apricot and nectarine notes and loaded with acidity to help balance out the fruit ... In a nutshell: the fruit shines, the acidity balances and the oak provides backdrops... Nice balancing act here. (****+)


Get Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Follow Us on Social Media

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube